Tuesday 7 September 2010

What's a curvy girl to wear?

I have been checking out the "So Fabulous" range by Littlewoods and I'm not too impressed it has to be said. There isn't really anything that shouts out "BUY ME!!!" - nothing at all. There are some things which are nice and are okay but mainly nothing...What are we stylish, curvy girls to wear? Nothing if it is left to the manufacturers.

It is a market which needs to be seriously tapped into and there is money to be made in this area of fashion but it seems that on the high street the only place is Evans and they could seriously be doing more. I feel that New Look doesn't really count and it's just a token gesture that SOME clothes go to a size 26. I went into the Birmimgham Corporation Street branch last weekend and was appalled at the INSPIRE collection - well quite frankly it didn't!! It has now been relegated to downstairs with the menswear so we cannot be seen I assume. The collection consisted of about three rails of nothing in particular. Only one thing stood out that caught my eye - a grey, s/s jumper with a diamante bow.

I am LOVING Simply Be at the moment and in particular the Joe Brown's collection and am currently awaiting my second order from them as I write. I love the Joe Brown's items and I love almost everything in the new A/W range.

A recently discovery of mine is ASOS Curve - I love it and received my very first parcel from them last week.

The Beth Ditton collection is aproaching very fast and I CANNOT wait to see what is in store - it had better be as good as the hype!! I saw the interview with Beth in the October issue of Marie Claire and I am LOVING the maxi dress she has on although I am not sure it will suit me but I shall be trying it on nevertheless!!!

Till next time...happy shopping xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment